Wednesday, March 9, 2011
Spring Cleaning Your Curves
Likes thousands of women your body and knicker draw may have been in hibernation during the winter and could do with a 'spring clean' before exposing them to the early sunshine. I have 5 tips to get yourself and your lingerie draw in tip top condition for spring:
1) Brightening up your skin will make you feel fitter, firmer and fabulous! A body salt rub at the spa will draw toxins out of your skin and remove dead cells. A great home option is to use an exfoliator for a week. Concentrate on your elbows, knees and thighs. Be gentle around your soft breast tissue and avoid the nipples.
2) If you don't moisturize daily then it's time to start. Feeding your skin every day will help keep your skin plump and bright. This can also be great for the firming up and keeping your breast tissue fed - you'll be amazed at the results!
3) Empty your underwear draw onto your bed and take a good hard look at your bras and underwear. Separate into four piles: 1) Bras I wear and I feel supported in 2) Bras that are in good condition but don't fit me or don't make me happy 3) Bras that are beyond help and are being held together by hope! 4) Bras that don't fit you but you just can't part with.
4) Hand wash pile 1 so that they are all refreshed and ready for spring (we recommend SOAK WASH). Donate pile 2 to a clothing bank or the Salvation Army. Dispose of pile 3. Look at pile 4 and any bras in there that you haven't worn in 2 years need to be donated along with pile 2.
5) If you don't have the following five bras then buy them: 1 good black bra, 2 bras you can wear under pale clothing (pink, grey, beige, caramel are all good options), 1 strapless bra and a sports bra. Ideally you should also have a great coloured bra for the spring. A splash of colour next to your skin can actually lift your spirits!
If none of your bras fit then it's time to start again and spend the rest of the year in bras that fit you and make you feel good. Our Bra Size Calculator is a good place to start. Once a year it's worth overhauling your bra drawer so that your bras are a joy not a chore! xx